Communication skills are at the heart of everything we do each day, whether at home, at work, or at play. This course focuses on active listening, which encompasses the best of communication.
In this course, you will learn what active listening is and what qualities active listeners have. Learn how to manage your body language, create a positive listening attitude, encourage conversation, build relationships, and get over listening roadblocks.
1. Virtual Live Instructor-Led training (VILT) one day in duration, courseware will be provided digitally at the beginning of class
2. Online Self-Paced with 24×7 access for 30 days after purchase
Online Self-Study, Virtual Instructor-Led
4/13/2018, 5/23/2018, N/A
About the Instructor
Before launching his business as a public speaker, business building strategist and Neuro Linguistic Program Practitioner Gary owned an income tax and business consulting practice. Gary has been in income tax preparation and business advisement for over 40 years. He owned and operated Gary McKinsey & Co. specializing in tax preparation and business advisement, merging with a CPA firm in 1994. As a principal in the company, he specialized in business tax, estate planning and business succession planning, and he represented clients before the Internal Revenue Service. Gary was appointed to the White House Conference on Small Business in 1995 and continues to this day in that capacity as the tax chair for California.
Gary holds certifications as a Guerilla Marketing Coach, World Class Public Speaking Coach, and Neuro Linguistic Programing Practitioner.
- Define active listening and its key components
- Identify ways to become a better listener
- Use body language to reflect a positive listening attitude
- Understand the difference between sympathy and empathy, and when each is appropriate
- Create a listening mindset using framing, positive intent, and focus
- Be genuine in your communications
- Understand the communication process
- Ask questions, probe for information, and use paraphrasing techniques
- Build relationships to create an authentic communication experience
- Identify common listening problems and solutions
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.