Adobe® Photoshop® CC (2017): Part 1 focuses on some of the basic features of Photoshop so that the student can navigate the environment and use Photoshop tools to work with photographic images. In addition, the orientation to Adobe® Bridge and organization of files in Bridge is covered. Although Photoshop is used by a variety of professionals, from photographers to designers to videographers, Photoshop Part 1 will focus mainly on the photography component. The illustration and animation techniques are covered in subsequent levels of Photoshop.
This course is a great component of your preparation for the Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) Photoshop CC exam and the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Visual Communication Using Adobe Photoshop exam. See the files in the Exam Mapping for Photoshop CC folder in the course data files for information on how the exam topics are addressed in the material.
April 16, 2018, May 25, 2018
This course will prepare you to use the most common basic features of Adobe Photoshop CC. In this course, you will:
- Identify the components and capabilities of Photoshop CC
- Create basic images
- Manage selections and layers
- Modify and repair images, and manage color
- Refine images by adjusting layers, using camera raw and applying advanced image refinement
- Import, export, organize, and save files
To ensure your success in your course, you should have a basic comfort level with digital photography. For example, you have used a digital camera and have downloaded images to your computer or other storage device. You should also have a newer computer <4 years old.
For this course each participant computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- Intel® Core™ 2 or AMD Athlon 64 (or compatible) processor; 2 GHz or faster processor
- 2 gigabyte (GB) RAM (8 is recommended)
- 2.6 GB of available hard disk space
- Graphics card with 2 GB of dedicated video RAM
- High resolution monitor (1,280 × 800 recommended) with 16-bit color
- OpenGL 2.0-capable system
- Internet connection and registration necessary for required software activation, membership validation, and access to online services
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 (with Service Pack 1), or 8/8.1, or 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
NOTE: Video features are not supported on 32-bit Windows systems.
- Adobe® Photoshop® CC (2017)