Adobe® Photoshop® CC is a leading graphic creation application, popular among graphic designers, illustrators, and photographers. Photoshop’s numerous features work together to provide a comprehensive toolset for you, the design professional. This course delves into some of the more advanced image creation and editing techniques, and offers you hands-on activities that demonstrate how these techniques can be used in combination to create exciting visual effects.
This course is a great component of your preparation for the Adobe Certified Expert (ACE) Photoshop CC exam and the Adobe Certified Associate (ACA) Visual Communication Using Adobe Photoshop exam. See the files in the Exam Mapping for Photoshop CC folder in the course data files for information on how the exam topics are addressed in the material.
It is recommended that participants taking this course have completed the Photoshop Part 1 course or have requisite knowledge before attempting this course.
April 17, 2018, May 28, 2018
This course will prepare you to use the most common features of Adobe Photoshop CC.
- Use brushes, gradients, and tool presets to create raster images
- Apply vector paths, shape drawing tools, type, and type special effects
- Apply advanced layer techniques with masks, filters, layers, and smart objects
- Apply actions and batch processing to automate tasks
- Edit video by using timelines, transitions, graphics, titles, and animation
- Set project requirements by identifying the purpose, audience, copyright rules, and project management tasks
To ensure your success in this course, you should have experience with the following tasks:
- Identify the basic components of Adobe® Bridge and the Photoshop workspace
- Define image size and resolution
- Add and modify Photoshop layers
- Use tools to select, crop, and move images
- Work with image adjustment properties to correct and retouch photographic images
- Open and modify an image in Adobe® Camera Raw
- Prepare images for print and web
For this course each participant computer will need the following minimum hardware configurations:
- Intel® Core™ 2 or AMD Athlon 64 (or compatible) processor; 2 GHz or faster processor
- 2 gigabyte (GB) RAM (8 is recommended)
- 2.6 GB of available hard disk space
- Graphics card with 2 GB of dedicated video RAM
- High resolution monitor (1,280 × 800 recommended) with 16-bit color
- OpenGL 2.0-capable system
- Internet connection and registration necessary for required software activation, membership validation, and access to online services
- Keyboard and mouse (or other pointing device)
- Microsoft® Windows® 7 (with Service Pack 1), or 8/8.1, or 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
NOTE: Video features are not supported on 32-bit Windows systems.
- Adobe® Photoshop® CC (2017)