This course is intended for entry-level computer support professionals with a basic knowledge of computer hardware, software and operating systems who wish to understand network environments and prepare for the CompTIA Network+ Exam. This course will increase your knowledge and understanding of networking concepts and acquire the required skills to prepare for a career in network support or administration.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will have studied:
- Basics of networking theory, concepts and networking methods
- Basics of networking data delivery
- Networking media, cabling and hardware
- Networking protocols and the OSI model
- Networking Operating Systems
- TCP/IP fundamentals
- Networking security, including preventing and responding to incidents
This course is offered in two delivery methods: Self-Study with Labs and VILT (Virtual Instructor-Led Training) Bootcamp style. Self-Study offers a student the ability to learn at their own pace; VILT offers the student a platform to ask questions, learn from others experiences, and accelerate exam prep time.
Self-Study with Labs, VILT (Instructor-Led)
Apr 15-19, Jun TBA, N/A
None. However it is highly recommended to achieve A+ Certification first, or have 9 – 12 months of work experience including:
- Configure and support PC, laptop, mobile (smartphone/tablet), and print devices
- Know basic network terminology and functions (such as Ethernet, TCP/IP, switches, routers)
- Configure and manage users, groups, and shared resources in a simple SOHO network
- Understand the use of basic access control measures, such as authentication, security policy, encryption, and firewalls.
- Network+ N10-006 Official Study Guide
- Network+ N10-006 Labs and References
- Pre/Post Chapter Assessments
- Integrated Topic Videos
- Interactive Glossary of Terms and Definitions
Exam Prep Format
- Online 100 Multiple Choice Questions
- 90 minute duration
- Multiple tries
- Plus 11 scenario based exams (untimed)
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.