Whether your goal is to become Security+ certified for your job (currently a DoD requirement), to prove your basic knowledge of security concepts or to gain more knowledge to secure your network, expert training from ACT is the perfect solution.
This course is intended for students wishing to prepare for the CompTIA Security+ Certification Exam. The qualification is aimed primarily at networking professionals, but because security is vital to all levels and job roles within an organization, it will also benefit PC support analysts, application developers and senior managers in accounting, sales, product development and marketing.
Upon successful completion of this course students will have studied:
- Identify the fundamental concepts of computer security
- Identify security threats and vulnerabilities
- Manage data, application, and host security
- Implement network security
- Identify and implement access control and account management security measures
- Manage certificates
- Identify and implement compliance and operational security measures
- Manage risk
- Troubleshoot and manage security incidents
- Plan for business continuity and disaster recovery
This course is offered virtually LIVE instructor-led “Bootcamp” style with one week of intensive study, or in the evenings on Tues/Weds/Thurs from 6:30pm t0 9:30pm. You may also choose to take the course self-study style. All versions include textbook, video supplements, and live labs. Choose your preferred method and dates of study while “adding to cart”.
Self-Study with Labs, Virtual Instructor-Led (VILT)
Nov 12-16, Dec 17-21, Jan 21-25, Mar 25-29, N/A
None. However it is highly recommended to achieve CompTIA A+ and Network+ certifications or equivalent knowledge, and 24 months work experience including:
- The function and basic features of the components of a PC
- Use Windows to create and manage files and use basic administrative features (Explorer, Control Panel and Management Consoles)
- Basic network terminology and functions (such as OSI Model, Topology, Ethernet, TCP/IP, switches, routers) including configuring security parameters
- Understand TCP/IP addressing, core protocols, and troubleshooting tools
Exam Prep Format
Online Practice Exam
100 Multiple Choice Questions
90 minute duration
Plus 5 scenario based exams (untimed)
Security+ SY0-401 Official Study Guide
Security+ SY0-401 Labs and References
Pre/Post Chapter Assessments
Integrated Topic Videos
Interactive Glossary of Terms and Definitions
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.