Online Self-study option
Course Length Approximately 2 – 3 hours
Emotional intelligence, also called EQ, is the ability to be aware of and manage emotions and relationships. This course will help you develop your emotional intelligence to give you that extra edge in building relationships and connecting with others.
This course will introduce you to the history of emotional intelligence and what its all about. Explore the most popular theories, including the EI blueprint, Martin Seligman’s ABCs of optimism, the VALUE and SOLER techniques, Ekman’s seven basic emotions, and Plutchik’s wheel. Also explore your personal values and vision statement to help guide you in your emotional intelligence development.
- Understand what emotional intelligence means
- Recognize how our emotional health and physical health are related
- Learn techniques to understand, use, and appreciate the role of emotional intelligence in the workplace
- Understand the different emotions and how to manage them
- Create a personal vision statement
- Understand the difference between optimism and pessimism
- Validate emotions in others