IAPP – Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT)
CIPT: VILT (Virtual Instructor-Led Training)
Duration: 2 full days
Training Materials/Exam Voucher/Practice Test included
1st Year membership to IAPP included
What You Will Learn:
- Critical data protection concepts and practices that impact IT
- Consumer data protection expectations and responsibility
- How to bake privacy into early stages of IT products and services for cost control, accuracy and speed-to-market
- How to establish data protection practices for data collection and transfer
- How to preempt data protection issues in the Internet of Things
- How to factor data protection into data classification and emerging tech such as cloud computing, facial recognition and surveillance
- How to communicate data protection issues with partners such as management, development, marketing and legal.
This course is currently offered online as a LIVE Virtual Instructor-Led offering (VILT). Our instructors are certified CIPT professionals working in Privacy positions in industry.
Apr 22-23, Jun TBA
Who should attend?
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Managers
- Legal Compliance Officers
- Security Manager
- Information Managers
- Anyone involved with data protection processes and programs
- This unit includes a brief discussion of the modern history of privacy, an introduction to types of information, an overview of information risk management and a summary of modern privacy principles.
- This unit introduces the major privacy models employed around the globe and provides an overview of privacy and data protection regulation by jurisdictions and industry sectors.
- This unit presents introductions to information security, including definitions, elements, standards and threats/vulnerabilities, as well as introductions to information security management and governance, including frameworks, controls, cryptography and identity and access management (IAM).
- This unit examines the web as a platform, as well as privacy considerations for sensitive online information, including policies and notices, access, security, authentication and data collection. Additional topics include children’s online privacy, email, searches, online marketing and advertising, social media, online assurance, cloud computing and mobile devices.
- This unit highlights the impact that regulatory activities, security threats, advances in technology and the increasing proliferation of social networks have on IT departments.
- This unit reveals how privacy compliance becomes more attainable through developing information lifecycle plans, data identification and classification systems and data flow diagrams.
- This unit introduces privacy laws, regulations and standards that can help IT professionals design better privacy programs and systems to handle personal information throughout the data lifecycle.
- This unit develops an understanding of the risks inherent in the IT environment and how to address them.
- This unit presents information about online threats, threat prevention and the role of IT professionals in ensuring proper handling of user data.
- This unit reveals the importance of personally identifiable information and methods for ensuring its protection.
- This unit evaluates privacy and security concerns associated with cloud services, and standards that exist to advise on their use.
About The Trainer
Rebecca Herold – Otherwise known as the Privacy Professor, has 25+ years of systems engineering, information security, privacy & compliance experience. She is CEO of The Privacy Professor® consultancy she founded in 2004, & President of SIMBUS, LLC Information Security, Privacy & Compliance cloud services she founded in 2014. She has authored 19 books, the last two of which were privacy books published by ISACA in 2017, and has been an IAPP certification faculty member since 2010. See her full bio here.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
You may also like…
$2,495.00CIPM - Choose Your Delivery Method Duration: 2 full days Certification Exam Voucher included Training Materials Included Complimentary 1st-year IAPP professional membership
$2,495.00CIPP/US - Online VILT offering Duration: 2 full days Textbook / Test Questions/ Certification Exam Voucher included Complimentary 1st-year IAPP professional membership