Problem Solving and Decision Making
Online Self-study option
Course Length Approximately 2 – 3 hours
Despite all the natural decision making and problem solving that we do, some people are very uncomfortable with having to make decisions. This course will show you how to find creative solutions with a process to identify options, research them, and then put things together in a way that works.
In this course, you will learn a three-phase problem solving process that you can apply to any situation. You will also learn techniques for creative thinking, how to make good group decisions, and ways to follow up on and evaluate decisions.
- Apply problem solving steps and tools
- Analyze information to clearly describe problems
- Identify appropriate solutions
- Think creatively and be a contributing member of a problem solving team
- Select the best approach for making decisions
- Create a plan for implementing, evaluating, and following up on decisions
- Avoid common decision-making mistakes