Masterclass for QlikView and QlikSense Developers
Duration: 3 days
Textbook: Purchased separately by student
Prerequisites: This course is for advanced Qlik developers
This compressed 3-day class is for experienced QlikView or Qlik Sense developers that are familiar with basic and intermediate Qlik development techniques and need to advance their expertise to the next level. The course is based on the bestselling book “QlikView Your Business” by Oleg Troyansky and his colleagues. This book is a requirement for the course and can be purchased on Amazon prior to class.
AshleyTrainingOnline.com is proud to partner with Natural Synergies to provide the best QlikView training available on the market. Oleg and his staff bring years of experience working with Qlik products to their training classes, ensuring positive outcomes for our participants. Come with your questions, your toughest problems, leave with the answers! Register today to become a QlikView MASTER!
This course is offered over 3 consecutive days from 8:30am to 4:30pm (MST). For questions or group rates, please email email@example.com.
It is recommended that students have the equivalent skills and at least 6-12 months of experience with the application before attempting this course.
Oct 24-26, Nov 28-30, Jan 30-Feb 1, Mar 27-29
Advanced Data Modeling
- How Qlik stores data
- Normalizing or denormalizing
- Data modeling techniques – mapping, joining, concatenation
- Link tables
- Concatenated facts
- As of date tables
- Script control (loops, if, etc.)
- Subroutines and reusable libraries
- Storing expressions in variables and loading them in the script
- Developing a multi-tier data acquisition process
- Common performance pitfalls in the layout
- Common performance pitfalls in data models
- Data load performance
- Common uses
- The 3 laws of AGGR
- Advanced analytical uses of AGGR()
Advanced Set Analysis
- Simple and advanced search
- Using dates in set analysis
- Advanced analytical uses of set analysis
- Set analysis and AGGR() working together